Cannot fetch api data and convert into variables

@ashwin.salgaocar

WHENEVER I RECEIVE A DATA FROM API, AS I HAVE SEEN IN THE VIDEO WE CAN COPY THE DATA WHICHEVER IS REQUIRED AND TURN THEM INTO VARIABLE BY COPYING THEM AS SHOWN.

BUT API DATA WHICH I RECEIVED THERE IS NO COPY SYMBOL TO COPY THAT AND TURN THEM TO VARIABLES

the api data in the above image of mine(white bg) and your(dark bg) is different but, while going through the video i tried the same api and procedure as explained but couldn’t get

PLEASE HELP ASAP

Hi @skandavganjam

There will be changes in the options provided by Voiceflow as voiceflow has changed a lot after content creation. The solution for your problem is to use response.id in place of capture block. This will assign the id received from the API Block to the desired variable.

Regards

Rajesh Penugonda

@rajesh.penugonda
hello sir, im currently fetching weather data api, for that user needs to enter theplace name in capture block, as you said i didnt know where to add response.id (is it instead of capture block or inside capture block) , please help me resolve this. please eloborate where to add response.id.

here are the screenshots…

Hi @skandavganjam

You have to add it to the API block. Under the API Block, there is a section called Capture Response. Enter response. id in the key and enter the variable name in the apply to.

Hope it helps

Regards

Rajesh Penugonda

@rajesh.penugonda
brother thank you so much for reply but still im not getting it.
please give your whatsapp numer/mail id, ill contact you…

here is the screenshot

@rajesh.penugonda
im not able to do fetch api data and turn them into variables, i followed every step but couldnt get please provide your contact details

Hi @skandavganjam,

In the screenshot you have provided, I can see that you are trying to apply id to the sunrise variable. If you want to use the sunrise field from the response, please use response. sunrise.

If you are still facing the issue, please mail your contact details to rajesh.penugonda@boltiot.com so that I can reach you out.

Thanks

1 Like

@rajesh.penugonda
thankyou soo much.

As the latest versions of voiceflow do not enable copying the data, you can use an online tool, the JSON path finder to fetch the path of the data. After locating the required data, copy the path and paste it in voiceflow. Replace the variable ‘x’ in the path copied with ‘response’.